How to Prevent Post-Workout Acne
There’s no better feeling than a good workout. That is until you realize that post-workout acne is setting in.
While there’s no guaranteed way to prevent blemishes associated with your workout regimen, there are steps you can take to help your cause. Here’s what you want to do:
• Keep your hair out of your face
• Remove makeup before working out
• Clean any equipment, such as headphones, that will be touching your face
• Keep your hands away from your face when working out
• Change into clean, dry clothes as soon after your workout as possible
• Take a shower soon after your workout – or at the very least clean your face
You may find that one of these steps is all it takes to reduce the likelihood of post-workout acne. Of course, you may also come to the realization that you have to combine multiple tactics to achieve the desired result.
Don’t let the fear of post-workout acne stop you from getting your exercise. Instead, experiment with the tactics above — among others — to determine what works best for you and your skin.
Jennifer Ferdinand, owner of Serendipity Wellness Studio in Burke, VA, has been practicing massage therapy and esthetics since 2006. She is nationally certified through NCBTMB, and licensed in Virginia for both Massage Therapy and Esthetics.