Brittle Nails? Try This
In addition to how they feel, brittle nails are an eyesore. And for that reason, you don’t want to let this common ailment linger.
Fortunately, there are a variety of ways to treat brittle nails at home. There’s a good chance you can solve this problem without the help of a medical professional. Try these ideas:
• Take a biotin supplement
• Don’t submerge your hands in water for an extended period of time
• Use non-toxic nail polish and remover
• Keep your nails short, when possible
• Don’t put too much stress on your nails, such as to open packaging
• Be careful when filing your nails
• Be careful of the soap and shampoo you’re using
As you can see, you may be doing something in your day to day life that causes brittle nails. A simple change here or there could be all you need to eliminate this problem from your life.
Of course, if nothing works, it’s time to seek medical care. There could be an underlying issue of your brittle nails.
Jennifer Ferdinand, owner of Serendipity Wellness Studio in Burke, VA, has been practicing massage therapy and esthetics since 2006. She is nationally certified through NCBTMB, and licensed in Virginia for both Massage Therapy and Esthetics.