How to Treat Sore Feet After Standing All Day
Do you work on your feet all day? Do you spend a good portion of your day chasing your children around?
If so, you know one thing to be true: you’re exhausted by the time you finally sit down in the evening.
At this point, you may realize that your feet are extremely sore. In fact, they’re so sore that you wonder how you’ll ever get up and do it all over again the next day.
Fortunately, there are some simple tips you can follow to get the relief you’re seeking:
• Apply ice: You’ll be amazed at what 10 to 15 minutes can do.
• Get a massage: Do it yourself or hire a pro, either way you’ll be happy with the end result.
• Stretch your feet and calves: This alone can go a long way in bringing you relief. Also, get into the habit of stretching throughout your day.
• Wear different shoes: Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t. Either way, it’s something you should definitely try. You may find that your old shoes aren’t providing nearly as much support as you thought.
• Spend more time in your bare feet: This sounds counterproductive, but it will actually help strengthen your feet.
It’s easy to believe that living with sore feet is a way of life, but you don’t have to continue to suffer. Experiment with the tips above, see what does and doesn’t work, and do whatever it takes to get relief.
Jennifer Ferdinand, owner of Serendipity Wellness Studio in Burke, VA, has been practicing massage therapy and esthetics since 2006. She is nationally certified through NCBTMB, and licensed in Virginia for both Massage Therapy and Esthetics.