Need Energy at Lunch? Try These Healthy Foods
When you wake up in the morning, feeling refreshed, you’re ready to tackle your day. However, by the time lunch rolls around, you may realize that you’re running out of steam. And that’s a problem, being that you have the rest of the workday staring you in the face.
Fortunately, there are a variety of healthy foods you can eat at lunch for an energy pick-me-up. Here are a few to consider:
• Oatmeal: It’s not just a breakfast food. It’s capable of providing slow-release energy throughout your day.
• Spinach: With a high concentration of potassium, magnesium, and iron, you’ll get everything you need to keep your body performing at its peak.
• Eggs: From B-vitamins to protein to healthy fats, eggs are the perfect food for anyone who needs an energy boost.
• Green tea: If you’re looking for something to chase down your lunch, sip on some green tea. With just the right amount of caffeine, you’ll get exactly what you’re going for (without feeling jittery).
• Nuts: These make for the perfect lunchtime snack as they’re easy to pop in your mouth, even on your busiest days. With a high vitamin and mineral content, you’re sure to enjoy the results.
Have you experimented with one or more of these healthy foods at lunch? How did your body respond?
Jennifer Ferdinand, owner of Serendipity Wellness Studio in Burke, VA, has been practicing massage therapy and esthetics since 2006. She is nationally certified through NCBTMB, and licensed in Virginia for both Massage Therapy and Esthetics.